Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Well I know she wasn't the surest bet to make it to social security, but finding this site was kinda sad. I guess on the brightside, someone may be the proud winner of a new Ipod.

Here's a list of some other famous people that died at 27:
Robert Johnson (May 8, 1911 – August 16, 1938)Sold his soul to the devil.... thereby being the first "sell-out". (I kid. I love Robert Johnson)

Brian Jones (28 February 1942 – 3 July 1969)One of the founding members of the Rolling Stones, first of the next 3 to die within a 2 year timespan
Jimi Hendrix, (November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970) I named my guitar Jimi, and almost broke a tooth trying to play like he could.
Janis Joplin (January 19, 1943 – October 4, 1970)The creative inspiration behind every female with a horrible voice thinking she can sing Bobby McGee (myself included) Janis was awesome. I used to play "Pearl" on my record player for hours around the age of 11. I think she was the inspiration for all of my musical tastes to follow.
Jim Morrison,(December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971)I love his poetry books, and the movie spawned the Crush On Val Kilmer that would last until, well, his most recent movies.
Kurt Cobain (February 20, 1967 – c. April 5, 1994)The first big celebrity death I remember, and still sad to think of how Nirvana could have been had he lived. But then we wouldn't have had the Foo Fighters.


Jonathan Brandis (April 13, 1976 – November 12, 2003)Yeah, he doesn't really fit into this musical sphere, but I had every teen beat with his face on the cover during a period of the 90's (along with Brad Renfro, who died at 25...Thank God JTT is still around.)

1 comment:

  1. Visitng your blog after a long time :)

    Amy Winehouse was an absolute favourite of mine and it was sad to hear about her death.

    ReplyDelete